STA Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming
Next course: 28th October to 1st November 2019 9am – 6pm
Fee: £400 to include digital resource manual.
Hard copy version available for an additional £15 fee
Venue: The Junction Sports Centre, Staion Road, Broadstone, BH18 8AX
This qualification is the perfect start to an exciting career as a swimming teacher and with no previous experience required, you can begin teaching independently right away.
Benefits to you?
- Created by STA’s aquatic experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual and recognised internationally, allowing you to take your swimming teaching career around the world
- Develops the vocational skills and technical knowledge of a qualified swimming teacher, allowing you to gain employment and independently teach your very own class of 12 participants from non-swimmers up to improvers (children and adults).
- You’ll be qualified to deliver up to the Goldfish stage of STA’s progressive International Learn to Swim Programme (equivalent to SE stage 4)
- Access free online support, resources and cpd’s which are helpful for new and experienced teachers
- Your substantial full colour course resource manual will act as a guide throughout your course and your swimming teaching journey—always there to refer to should you ever need it
- Receive advice and guidance from the STA team who will support you throughout your swimming teaching journey.
To remain as an STA-approved swimming teacher, and to receive the benefit of STA public liability insurance, you’ll be required to:
- Remain in membership of STA
- Keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date with regular CPDs
- Regularly update your DBS check
What do I need before I apply?
BEFORE you start the course you need to:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Hold current membership of STA STA membership application here
Once Award qualified, you can then progress on your teaching pathway by achieving the STA Level 2 Certificate in Teaching Swimming which then meets CIMSPA’s employer-led swimming teacher professional standard.
Additionally, you may wish to develop into other areas of swimming teaching portfolio by teaching those with disabilities or baby and pre-school participants with our People with Disabilities and Baby and Pre-School Award qualifications.
The qualification specification can be found here STA Award qualification specification
Contact Maria Timperley at Just Add Water Approved Training Centre for course bookings and further details.