STA SAFETY AWARD FOR TEACHERS
Friday 22nd January 2021 Theory online 9.30 – 1pm
Saturday 13th February 2021 Theory online only 9.30-1pm
Sunday 21st March 2021 Theory online 9.30 – 1pm
Fee: Online theory £50 to include digital resource manual and registration fees
Fee: Practical training when allowed £50
Likely practical: The Junction Sports Centre, Broadstone, BH18 8AX
This qualification is ideal if you are a swimming teacher, water fitness instructor or school teacher and looking for a qualification that will allow you to provide safety cover for organised swimming lessons.
On the course, you’ll learn basic rescue, first aid and resuscitation skills. Although holding a rescue/safety award such as this is no longer a pre-requisite for our swimming teaching qualifications, many swim schools still require this as best practice. So best to be prepared.
Benefits to you…….
Created by STA’s lifesaving experts, providing you with quality training
- Training is in accordance with HSE publication Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales
- Will give you the confidence and knowledge to deal with an emergency that may occur during swimming lessons.
Length of validity
- This qualification lasts for 2 years.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
The Safety Award for Teachers is the perfect qualification to accompany a swimming teaching qualification – many swim schools require this as Best Practice. It’s also a great stepping stone into the world of lifesaving as you can take this course at 14 years old, then decide if you would like to develop into a full lifeguard qualification in due course.
What do you need to know before you attend the course?
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to swim 25 metres
- Learners who cannot swim 25 metres must be capable of wading, and effecting a rescue, in a pool with a depth no greater than chest height
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
The qualification specification can be found here
Contact Maria Timperley at Metabolous Education Approved Training Centre for course bookings and further details.