STA SAFETY AWARD FOR TEACHERS
2nd February 2020 9am – 5pm Purbeck COURSE FULL
16th February 2020 9am – 5pm Broadstone
8th March 2020 9am – 5pm Purbeck
5th April 2020 9am – 5pm Purbeck
17th May 2020 9am – 5pm Purbeck
5th July 2020 9am – 5pm Purbeck
Fee: £100 to include digital resource manual and registration fees
Venue: Purbeck Sports Centre, Worgret Rd, Wareham BH20 4PH
Venue: The Junction Sports Centre, Broadstone, BH18 8AX
This one-day qualification is ideal if you are a swimming teacher, water fitness instructor or school teacher and looking for a qualification that will allow you to provide safety cover for organised swimming lessons.
On the course, you’ll learn basic rescue, first aid and resuscitation skills. Although holding a rescue/safety award such as this is no longer a pre-requisite for our swimming teaching qualifications, many swim schools still require this as best practice. So best to be prepared.
Benefits to you…….
Created by STA’s lifesaving experts, providing you with quality training
- Training is in accordance with HSE publication Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales
- Will give you the confidence and knowledge to deal with an emergency that may occur during swimming lessons.
Length of validity
- This qualification lasts for 2 years.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
The Safety Award for Teachers is the perfect qualification to accompany a swimming teaching qualification – many swim schools require this as Best Practice. It’s also a great stepping stone into the world of lifesaving as you can take this course at 14 years old, then decide if you would like to develop into a full lifeguard qualification in due course.
What do you need to know before you attend the course?
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to swim 25 metres
- Learners who cannot swim 25 metres must be capable of wading, and effecting a rescue, in a pool with a depth no greater than chest height
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
The qualification specification can be found here
Contact Maria Timperley at Just Add Water Approved Training Centre for course bookings and further details.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07721 011461